Mezcal tastes great, not just for us "mere mortals". Many celebrities have already developed a taste for it and have even created one themselves. Mainly there are well-known personalities from the USA, whose products you can now also purchase in Germany. We'll tell you which stars and starlets have developed their own mezcal and which ones you should definitely try.
The trend drinks of the celebrities
- Dwayne Johnson's Tequila Teremana has been on the market since the end of 2019 and its success is unbroken. For the Teremana, Johnson has been working with a Mexican family distillery and since 2020 with Jägermeister as the exclusive worldwide distribution partner . Since the company employs just 50 people and Teremana Tequila is made exclusively from regional ingredients, the drink has a steep price: the different types of tequila cost an average of 104 euros on Amazon. Incidentally, the star himself worked on the recipe, which is characterized primarily by lemon and vanilla.
- You certainly know heartthrob George Clooney. But did you know that the actor not only promotes coffee, but has also launched his own mezcal and tequila? Back in 2013, Clooney and two friends founded their own brand, which developed so rapidly that Casamigos Spirits sold Diageo in 2017 for an incredible $700 million. T he Casamigos is now one of the fastest growing tequila brands in the world. "Tequila Casamigos" is characterized by its well-rounded taste and balanced aromas.
- Are you looking for a very mild tequila? Then check out Justin Timberlake's Tequila 901. This is produced by Don Cenobio Sauza, the founder of Mexico's most traditional tequila distillery. Timberlake, who describes himself as a tequila specialist and lover, is personally involved in the production.
- Sports legend Michael Jordan, on the other hand, created a tequila called Cincoro. Michael Jordans Tequila is also rather gentle and mild. Another highlight is the bottle, which is at least 44 centimeters high and is an eye-catcher in every house bar.
- The same applies to the bottle design of Tequila Casa Noble, Carlos Santana's specially created drink. Santana herself comes from the Mexican province of Jalisco, where tequila is produced. Casa Noble is a company that produces an exceptional and very exclusive teqila.
- There was already real hype about the "Dos Hombres Mezcal". The Dos Ombres was brought to life by the two actors Jesse Pinkman and Walter White, known from the series "Breaking Bad". In addition to the typical taste of agaves, the tequila is characterized by fine notes of apples, mango, wood and smoke.
- Kendall Jenner's "818 Tequila" was named after the zip code of where she lives in the San Fernando Valley. Kendall Jenner is not the only one to prove that women are also lucky when it comes to marketing spirits. Singer Rita Ora also brought out her own tequila, called Próspero.
- The cult band Rammstein has also launched its own tequila. The 100 percent agave Rammstein Tequila Reposado matures in French oak barrels. Here, too, the design of the bottle is worth mentioning: it has a handmade leather cover and immediately attracts everyone's attention. This is also ensured by the heavy cast iron clasp, which is decorated with the typical Rammstein logo.
You should still know these drinks of the celebrities
Not only George Clooney, Justin Timberlake and Co. have long had their own trendy drink. Rocker Marilyn Manson has also created his own drink. In keeping with its wicked image, this is an absinthe, one of the strongest spirits of all. The bright green drink has an alcohol content of 66 percent. US actor and heartthrob Channing Tatum is not only a restaurant owner, but has also created his own vodka. "Born and Bred" is the name of the drink made from potatoes and is available for around 27 euros a bottle.
You can order an excellent selection of mezcal, the big brother of tequila, in our well-stocked online shop . A good opportunity to try them out for yourself.
For many celebrities, producing and marketing their own trendy drink is a lucrative side business. But it is also an advantage for you that more and more celebrities are offering their own mezcal: the market is constantly expanding and you have the opportunity to discover new flavors all the time. Even if you don't like a tequila: the taste of the mezcal will surely convince you.